Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Do you have B.O ohhh I mean B.Y.O school at your school?

This is mine and Sweyde's first persuasive writing. Read it and comment if I persuaded you.

Lets be a B.Y.O school.

I think that at this school we should be a BYO school (bring your own device). There are some people missing out because whanau cannot afford to pay the payment of having a chromebook Are you with me?  Do you want your child/children to get more cleverer instead of getting more dumber and if your child was badly hurt for example if your child has broken their leg then they can call you. Now this is a big deal for me, BUT, hold your horses we can do something about this. Just read on.

My first reason is we can do more work. For example if your work hasn’t been done you always have to do line’s. Now I don't like to hear that, what I want to hear is that every day pupils are finished their work because they finished their work at home. We can use our phone/ipad and more to do our homework at home.PLUS, we can also go on class sites, class blogs and more at home. In other words pupils can finish some work at home.

The other reason why we should be BYO  is everyone can do it. In other words no one will miss out. If you had an old laptop at home in the corner rusting up but it still works, you can bring it to school it doesn’t matter how it looks like it's about doing more learning and did you know that there is some whanau who have to pay for four kids and do you know how much that coast’s

In summary, I believe we should bring devices to school. I think this because we can learn things faster and easier. Isn’t that what you want?

Our next steps are:
To be independent at using the correct strucutre for persuasive. Have well organised paragraphs with lead sentences and supporting detail.
We will also learn about emotive words and phrases and how to use them to support our argument.
Learn how to use apostrophe to show ownership, not for plurals

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heaven,
      I really enjoyed your story about BYO. Why I liked it was because you really persuaded me and you caught my attention as soon as I started reading your story. To improve on this just re-read your story and check for mistakes, like clever and dumb instead of cleverer and dumber. Other then that you really hooked me into reading your story.You remind me of me because I even persuaded whaea Lana to have Honeys And Treasures.
      From Gerry.
      From Gerry.

      Delete
  2. Hi Heaven,
    I really had fun reading you story about (BYO) I liked it because you really convince me to read this and caught my eye as soon as I started reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heaven,
    I really enjoy reading about what you have to say about BYO it really amazing how you are thinking of other instead of yourself I really caught my attention and really made me want to read on and I really like how you made your point and the only bad thing is, instead of writing cleverer and dumber just put clever and dumb it would make your story a lot better other then that I love your story and hope to see more later on in life maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Gerry for the feedback. Next time I will make sure that I re-read my story to see if I dont have anymore mistakes and I will make sure that my words make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ruby the feedback from you comment was very good. Thanks for the awesome feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.