Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

Is this a Pacific Paradise or not? Read down below and see what you think.


Image result for Pacific paradise mary campbell

This is my book review, And I have been learning to summaries better and to be able to find the key phrases to create a summary for my book review.
I have been learning to summaries a story and to have my responds in a new paragraph to interest my readers.



This week have been reading an article called Pacific Paradise. Written by Mary Campbell.

This book is mostly about the teachings of long-fin eels and short-fin eels. From this book I learnt the life cycle of the long-fin eel from a little egg until they die of exhaustion. Image result for Pacific paradise mary campbell



The first metamorphosis (transformation) is that they are little eggs, and when they get a little bit older they turn into a larva (an immature form of an insect or other animal) then the second transformation is a glass eel and as they get a bit more older they transform into a elver eel then as they get older they turn into an adult eel then it transforms into spawning eels.
Here is an example of the long-fin eel life cycle.

This book also teaches us the location to find the eel and the types of food they eat and also their length of the fish and people say that the eels might go extinct this is because Hydro dams and other water reservoirs are blocking the migration(an animal's long journey to breed or to live somewhere else) of the elver upstream. Now that's a big deal for me.

My favorite bit on this book was when I got to learn the life cycle of the long-fin eel it was very interesting because I had never known that long-fin eels die of exhaustion after they have had their eggs. I learnt that long-fin eels go through a huge metamorphosis and recently I have learnt that metamorphosis means a transformation. I recommend this book to advanced readers because some words in this book is a little bit challenging. Hey, wait for a sec, I wonder what you’ve been reading?












2 comments:

  1. Wow, Heaven.
    I loved reading this book review. It really hooked me into the story when I saw that interesting title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this book review was really interesting to read and learn from. I really hope that you create more presentations so that I can learn more from you. Keep it up and i'll blog yahr later

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.