Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Have you ever ridden that ride the Power Surge?

WALT: recount a past event and entertain my audience.
SC
  1. Plan sequence events.
  2. Show my author’s voice.
  3. Use language tool to describe actions, thoughts and events.

Planning

Introduction:

Actions:Heart pound, Mind racing, Legs giggling, Eyes crying

Event: The powersurge

Summary: Over all, it was a good day.

The Ride of Power.

Heart pounding, and mind running, my family and I, went to Rainbows End, to celebrate my birthday, on the most beautiful day possible. We walked in proudly through the main gates, however it was pretty hard to do this when your mum gives you the job of carrying the chilly bin. So poor old Sylvah and I lugged the chilli bin as everyone stampeded through the gate and left my cousin and I to struggle with this monstrous lunch box.

At that moment I had a great Idea. “Come on Sylvah, use your kaha,” I said.

“You can ride the Powersurge” I replied, and then out of nowhere, she used all of her strength to lift and place the chilli bin onto the table.

While walking to the Power Surge, my heart was pounding, my mind was racing, and my legs were jiggling, because this ride was my darkest enemy. I could never get this ride out of my mind. While Sylvah and I were walking to it was as if I was hypnotised to remember this ride forever. We walked along the side to get onto the ride. While putting my belt on I quickly asked the manager.  “Would I fall out?” I queried, just a precaution, because you never know what will happen when it loops and you’re upside down.

While racing up into the air I thought I was tough, but no I was wrong, because if there was more weight on the other person's side then we would do a majority of flips, and guess what happened? We flipped around continuously..

“Ahhh!!, ohhhh!!, ehhhh!, hahahaha!, nooooo!, I WANNA GET OFF!!”

Those were the noises that were coming out of my very own mouth, and I never ever knew I would say those words on that ride… but I did as I was scared witless.

Walking to the next ride my cousins were making fun of me, (like always) so do you know what I done? I walked away and went back to where my mum and dad was, at Kids Kingdom. While walking up my uncle caught my eyes.

“ Uncle!!” I exclaimed, “

“Yes, Heaven,”

“Since it’s my birthday, can you shout me a drink please?”

“The only problem is that I don’t know where the shop is,” replied my uncle.

“This day would never get better,” I thought angrily to myself.

So I asked him to point out where my mum and dad were. “Ohhh, they're just over there sitting on the chair, looking after your brother and sister,” replied my uncle.

“Thank you,” I replied.

I walked to my mum and dad like a sloth, because I had nothing to do, because all the rides I wanted to go on had the longest lines ever imagined, and that just frustrated me. So I told my mum and dad that I had nothing to do, and obviously they replied with a dumb answer like.

“Oohhh, well, do you want to look after your brother and sister?”

And obviously, I replied with a quick and fast, “NO!!” I turned around quickly and flounced away.

I’ll always remember the Power Surge, no matter what and if we go again, I will always try to conquer that ride even though it scares me. I like trying new things and I know you shouldn’t judge a ride by its looks, it might look frightening but I know it’s fun in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.