Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2017

The grand performance


11:15, Thursday 15th september 2017, We hopped off of the bus ready for our grand performance at Memorial Hall. I thought that I would stay calm through the whole performance and think that there was  not going to be that much people, and then did I hear “we’re on now come on, come on, all of your guys parents are going to be watching” Then I started to panic.

We sneaked onto the stage as quietly as the thin air, I started to breath heavily as the curtains started to open “I'm so, so nervous” I thought to myself. One half of my body was thinking to stand there and do nothing and the other half was saying “snap over it get over it and do your best and be proud that you're doing this. As the curtains opened I smiled and was trying to be happy for doing this. “Hope, ki raro” Tim yelled the commands. He was like a chief. Our first song that we sang was E te mate.. After that beautiful song I felt nice and calm because I was use to sing in front of a huge crowd.

As soon as we were ready to leave the stage we had to evacuate the stage in rows. We were so blessed for the honors for getting a remarkable mihi from Matua Hemara. At the end of the performance people were clapping so loud, I don't know why so I just went of the stage and and shun my smile.

I loved every single moment of that day, I’ll never make that memory go old in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heaven, my name is Glen from Saint Patrick's School. I really enjoyed reading your experience on your performance, and it sounds very nerve racking on the stage.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.