Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Hour of code

We have been learning to use building blocks to make avatars move. The coding theme I chose was Minecraft.
Steve had a secret agent who you had to code, it wasn't actually Steve. There were hidden diamond through out the game and I predict I got about 5 diamonds. The agent would help you complete the journey as Steve or Alex takes all the props they need for their journey.
What I enjoyed about this game is that it was challenging and there was always unexpected challenges to face for Steve. 
It was pretty challenging at times to times, But I eventually got through
It took me about 1/2 an hour to finish the entire course of 12 stages
Down below I have taken some screenshots throughout the game to explain how the game went
The stage I needed help with the most was probably stage 10
If you want to try out the game click this link
 I had the well known character named Steve.
When I first logged onto the game I only had 2 simple building/coding blocks to make my avatar Move



These blocks are the different types of coding blocks to use to make your character move and create different things through out the game


This is the screen you watch your charecter move
and the arrows are what you use to make Steve move 

This is the full screen of the coding screen

Theses were the instructions that you needed to follow if you wanted to complete your journey through out the game

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Heaven,
    Thanks for such a quality blogpost about coding. It is great that you have explained the game you played and the coding you needed to do. I like that you found it challenging but showed persistence and getting through each of the stages. Thanks for adding the screenshots and explaining them to your reader. Keep giving coding a go and learning good problem solving and risk taking skills. Have you told your whānau about coding and encouraged them to give it a go?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.