Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

Have you learned te reo yet? I f not you can read some examples down below to help you out.

Today in maori lessons we talked about past tense. This book was really fun to read, and it had a lot of actions that matches up to animals. Added to that we had to rewrite the book that we were currently reading. I is named I aha koe? I recommend this book to all primary kids because this book isn't really hard. But it will be a challenging book to start with. In this book it talks about a boy doing different actions like animals. If you would like to know more about this fascinating book read my work down below.

The new word we used was I. It isn't pronounced like the letter I but it is pronounced like e. I means did (Pass tense) Read my work down below.

I…    (Did)        (Places)
   Verbs  Personal
                  pronouns
I (haere) au ki Waitangi

I ( haere) Ratou ki paihia

I ( Noho) koe ki Tautoro

I aha koe?

I (went) to Waitangi

They (Went) to Paihia

I (Stayed) in Tautoro


Maori                                                                     English
I aha koe?

I tu ahau,

Penei i te kaki roa.
I hikoi ahau,

Pēnei i te arewhana.

I piki ahau,

Pēnei i te pea.

I poipoi ahau,

Pēnei i te makimaki.

I peke ahau,

Pēnei i te poraka,

I oma ahau,

Pēnei i te rapeti.

I noho ahau,

Pēnei i te punua kuri.

I inu ahau,

Pēnei i te punua ngeru.

I kai ahau,

Pēnei i te kitere.

I takoto ahau,

Pēnei i te kiore.
I moe ahau,

Pēnei i te tuatete.
I tu ahau…
I hikoi ahau…
I piki ahau…
I poipoi ahau…
I peke ahau…
I oma ahau…
I noho ahau…
I inu ahau…
I kai ahau…
I takoto ahau…
I moe ahau…

I stood,

As a giraffe.

I walked,

Like an elephant.

I climbed,

Like a bear.

I swung,

Like a monkey.

I jumped,

Like a frog.

I ran,

Like a rabbit

I sat,

Like a dog.

I drank,

Like a young kitten.

I ate,

Like a squirrel.

I laid down,

Like a rat.

I slept,

Like a hedgehog.

I stood…
I walked…
I climbed…
I swang…
I jumped…
I ran..
I sat…
I drank…
I ate…
I laid down…
I sleeped…






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.