Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

Have you ever worn plastic bags as clothing!!??

W4/D1/A1

Have you ever worn plastic bags, news paper, or cans as clothing? Well, today I am going to a fashion show, but there's a twist, it is a fashion show where they wear recyclable clothing., eg, News paper dress, can jumpsuit, plastic hat, etc.

After or maybe before the show I am going to be interviewing Dame Suzie Moncrieff about her mojor success in fashion.

I have made it on a poster/google drawing:



What I found challenging: What I found challenging through the process of making this was coming up with the questions.

What I found easy: What I found easy through the process of making this was describing her career.

I hope you enjoy/ed my poster/google drawing about "WOW", blog ya later...

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Heaven,

    My name is Rachel and I working with the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) blogging programme this year. I just received an email from Georgia, the SLJ cluster manager in Kaikohekohe, telling me all about the amazing work that you have been doing. She told me that you were already on Week #4 and I could hardly believe it. Wow! What an incredible accomplishment.

    I can see that you are putting in a huge effort and really doing your best with each activity. I particularly like it that you have shared your challenges and your successes (what you found easy) for each activity. Is this something that you have been doing all year with your teachers? It is a great idea.

    I also really like your use of images. I think that they add a lot to your presentations and provide us, as readers, with additional information about the topic. For this activity, I think that you have created some very good questions for Dame Suzie Moncrieff. She is quite famous in the world of fashion and you have listed questions that really capture this. I, too, wonder what inspired her to get started in the world of fashion and what drove her to start the WOW movement. I think that it will become increasingly important that we have fashion shows like the World of Wearable Art as we are continually creating an incredible amount of waste that will need to be reused and recycled.

    I do what I can to shop at thrift stores and to share clothing with my family and friends. I have one son (Aronui) and he often gives his clothes to his younger cousins when he outgrows them. Do you ever share clothing with your family or friends? My partner, Andy, has three boys and his youngest son, Ari, is 21. Whenever he comes home he always raids Andy's closest looking for clothes that he can wear. It's quite funny to see him walking around in Andy's shirts!

    I hope that you will continue to post these high quality activities on your blog. You really are doing an outstanding job, Heaven. Keep up the great work!

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.