Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

How would you solve this question?

w2/D3/A3:
Hello everyone, first of all I would just like to apologise for a few days absence due to a family gathering. 
(funny story) The day when I was just about to blog, like I literally was bout to put my video onto the page and the power cut out, which was so sad, but the power did end up coming back on at midnight so everything is good.

Today I have been assigned to:
imagine that the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? [Note: There is more than one right answer to this question.]

Squid weighs approximately 500kg

Today I have created a short video that talks about how I figure out this answer for this question.

What I found challenging: What I found challenging through the process of making this is the thinking about the question and the equation.

What I found easy: What I found easy through the process of making this was absolutely nothing....

comment down below a way how you would solve this equation

Anyways, I hope you enjoy/ed my short video about a colossal squid, blog ya later...

1 comment:


  1. Kia Ora Heaven,

    Wow, you video explaining the maths problem is amazing! Well done for going above and beyond by figuring out three different ways to answer the question. Did you enjoy completing a maths question?

    Here is the way I figured out the problem:

    I started with 495kg and tried to take away a number that's divisible by 15 until the answer of my question was divisible by 25. So I started with 495kg - 60kg ( 4 kids lifting) = 435 kg which isn’t divisible by 25. I then tried 495kg - 90kg ( 6 kids lifting) = 405kg which still didn’t give me an answer. Finally I tried 495kg - 120 (8 kids lifting) = 475kg which can be divided by 25. So my answer was 19 adults ( 475kg / 25kg) and 8 kids .

    Keep up the great work, you still have ten days left in the programme so keep posting and commenting up a storm!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.