Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

I believe I can fly!!!!!!

W4/D1/A2

Have you ever been to Rotorua New Zealand? Because I have, well specifically to the luge and zip lines. Today I am going to be talking to you today about how I would feel if I went down the zip line

(Photo by
https: mustdonewzealand.)



While walking high above the ground, on a wooden bridge, I look upon such a beautiful sight. The tree's flow like hair, birds sing like angels, and people had the brightest smiles on their faces. 
While I was waiting in line I was watching everyone put on their tight gears, clip onto the lines, and glide down the zip line with joy, but deep down in side I feel like the cord was just going to break and then they would fall.

When there was only 1 more person before me, I look behind me to see if there was anymore people, but, there wasn't, so I stood there, frozen, speechless, and scared. The lady had finally jumped off like a frog and soared like an eagle. I was last person to go and I was scared to dear life. I told them to say "1, 2, 3" before they pushed me off, but, the worker said "1" "2" and pushed me off (well that's what I thought). I held onto the zip line for dear life and sweated a storm, I yelled, and yelled, and yelled, and closed my eyes but little did I know was that I was still on the platform, and they all looked at me as if I was crazy.

When I had finally calmed down, he then decides to push me off, and then the episode restarts. I held onto the zip line, wrapping my legs around the zip line too, as I was looking down at the ground that looked like it was 10,000 kilometres away from me but really it was only a few meters away from me. While I am still in the air I slowly calm down and look up at the beautiful view. I saw all of the beautiful forest and saw all the beautiful animals within the bush, and I realise that I was scared for no reason, maybe if I just worried about the views than the height maybe I wouldn't had been so frightened.

Once I am a few meters away from the ending, I hopped and wished that I was never scared at the beginning because I could have seen much more if I just left my eyes on the fantastic views. When I am finally back onto the ground/platform I am sad because I didn't see most of it, but at least I will know for next time to worry about the view not the height.

I hope you enjoy/ed my story about going down the zipline in Rotorua



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Heaven,

    This is a great piece of writing you have created. I am so impressed with the descriptive words you used and how you painted a very vivid (and anticipating) story in my mind. I think you were accurate in saying that you were very scared initially, however, once you'd actually been pushed, you weren't scared anymore. I am not a big fan of heights so can definitely understand this story. Tautoro went to Rotorua for a school trip this year, right? Did you go? If so, what was your favourite part?

    Looking forward to more blog posts from you soon!
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.